Research Platform Services are responsible for research specific infrastructure. We provide platform access to researchers, expertise and education to research communities, and access to discipline specific tools and training.
Data storage and management
We offer a range of institutional supported data tools that can be used to assist in the management, movement, storage as well as improving the security of your research datasetsFind out more
Use the Melbourne Research Cloud as your personal virtual server and storageFind out more
HPC - High Performance Computing
HPC can help you perform your large research calculations, or many smaller calculations simultaneouslyFind out more
Research Bazaar Conference
Annual conference promoting computational literacy and digital research.
Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK)
Analyse language usage and sentiment in large natural text corpora.
Python is a general purpose programming language ideal for a wide variety of research needs.
R (via RStudio)
Free, open source and cross-platform software for manipulating datasets and producing statistical plots and analyses.
MATLAB is standard industry software for numerical computing. It is widely used in applied mathematics and engineering, and a large number of plugins are available for areas like image processing.
Visualise and analyse your DICOM datasets (CT, MRI etc) to produce beautiful visualisations for 3D printing, anatomical teaching, surgical planning and simulation.
3D Printing & Design
Design and printing of 3D spaces and objects
Interactive Web Applications
Create beautiful interactive data visualisations and apps on the web.
Manage research collections of images and their metadata, and create online exhibitions.
Free, beautiful typesetting of large, complicated documents.
Melbourne Research Cloud
The Melbourne Research Cloud offers flexible computational infrastructure for a wide variety of research needs. Three month trial access is available to researchers without any strings attached, and further access can be granted upon application.
Introduction to Linux and High Performance Computing
Meet Linux and the command line for interacting with our Spartan High Performance Computing service
Advanced Linux and Shell Scripting for HPC
Empower your usage of HPC with advanced Linux shell scripting
Parallel Processing with HPC
Accelerate your HPC jobs with parallel processing, OpenMP threading and message passing interface routines
Mediaflux is a capable, general-purpose data management platform for digital assets.
Introduction to Git and GitHub
Distributed code management to empower software development and collaboration
The Digital Research Skills Cookbook
Introduction to Ubuntu
Digital Doctoral Diaries
- 04 April 2019: Spartan Update April 2019
- NEWSLETTER- May 2018: The Year Ahead
- NEWSLETTER- June 2018: Solving data with Applications
- 28 February 2019: New cloud and HPC infrastructure and the launch of the Melbourne Research Cloud Dashboard
- 22 February 2019: NCI LIEF (LE190100021) Information
- 02-03 February 2019: UoM Network Disruption
- NEWSLETTER- 12th October 2018: Increasing efficiency of research publication via compute, community and consultancy.
- 17-18 December 2018: UoM Research Cloud Scheduled Maintenance
- 16-19 December 2018: UoM Spartan HPC Scheduled Maintenance
- 17-18 December 2018: UoM Research Data Management Platforms Scheduled Maintenance
At Research Platform Services we offer a wide range of free workshops to help up-skill researchers in the tools they need to "Work Smarter, not Harder."
To view all of our upcoming workshops, refer to the calendar below, or register for any of our upcoming workshops on our Eventbrite page.
Level 2, Doug McDonell Building (168), University of Melbourne
CoLab: Rm 329, Level 3, Eastern Resource Centre (171), University of Melbourne
- for general enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- for support regarding research data storage & data management platforms: email@example.com
- for support regarding Research Cloud: firstname.lastname@example.org