The iLab booking system supports effective and efficient research platform management. Many platforms now use iLab, and more are expected to come on board.
New to iLab?
The below user guides include information on how to create an account and how to use the iLab booking system. We've also created some how-to videos showing you how to navigate iLab and how to schedule a platform resource.
Quick reference guides
- User guide for external researchers & Parkville affiliates (PDF 2.9 MB)
- User guide for principle investigators (PDF 2.4 MB)
Have further questions or need help?
If you have any questions about iLab or need help, please contact us at iLabemail@example.com.
What is iLab?
iLab allows you to:
- Request training on equipment
- Search and book research equipment and services
- Manage services and analytical reporting
- Create access for your lab members
- Reserve specific platform equipment and resources, and maintain a calendar
- Access control for sensitive or validated equipment
- Manage time and cost-tracking.
Learn how to navigate the iLab dashboard, including how to:
- Book resources
- Request training
- View messages
- Manage group lab access
- Manage resources at the University of Melbourne as well as partner institutions.
Scheduling a platform resource
Learn how to:
- View, schedule and book a time on a specific instrument, resource or machine
- View applicable pricing plans
- Assign quick links to frequently used resources
- Book equipment under different lab groups.
Research infrastructure using iLab
- Biological Optical Microscopy Platform
- BioSciences Microscopy Unit
- Chemical and Biomedical Engineering In-House Equipment
- Electrical, Mechanical and Infrastructure Engineering
- Ian Holmes Imaging Centre
- Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics Facility
- Materials Characterisation and Fabrication Platform
- Melbourne Histology Platform
- Melbourne Magnetic Resonance Platform
- Melbourne Protein Characterisation Platform
- Melbourne Trace Analysis for Chemical, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Metabolomics Australia
- Phenomics Australia Histopathology and Slide Scanning Service
- Plant growth facilities (glasshouse complex)
- School of Physics Fabrication and Characterisation Facilities
- Other research infrastructure (not all using iLab)