2 Minute read
A. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND HOW TO APPLY:
A1. For all Candidates:
- Graduate researchers must satisfy the entry requirements for PhD at both IISER Tirupati and The University of Melbourne (Melbourne).
- Graduate researchers need to apply independently to each institution and:
- Must be admitted and enrolled at the Home Institution, and
- Apply for the Joint PhD at the Home and Partner Institutions within the first year of enrolment (candidature) at their Home Institution. Applications can be made anytime during the year.
- The Partner Institution will consider the application only for those graduate researchers who have been approved by the Home Institution for the Joint PhD. An individual Graduate Researcher Agreement will need to be completed as part of this process. This form will outline the agreed specific arrangements for each graduate researcher’s joint PhD (e.g. dates of location at each institution, names of supervisors, coursework, scholarship arrangements etc.).
- Graduate researchers are required to attach a:
- Letter of support from the appropriate Dean (International Relations/ Research Training) of the Home Institution, and
- Letter of support from the Home Institution supervisor(s) and the Partner Institute supervisor(s) with the graduate researcher’s application to the Partner Institution.
A2. For IISER Tirupati Candidates:
- The graduate researcher must be admitted into the PhD programme at IISER Tirupati.
- GPA Requirements:
- The graduate researcher from one of the participating institutions must have a GPA of 8.5/10 or above in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Those graduate researchers with GPA less than 8.5/10 in their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree conducted at one of the participating institutions listed in (a) must secure a minimum GPA of 8.5 in the coursework in the first year of their PhD program to be eligible.
- Graduate researchers who do not have Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a participating Institution must secure a minimum GPA of 8.5 in the coursework in the first year of their PhD program to be eligible.
A3. For Melbourne Candidates:
- The graduate researcher must be admitted as a PhD candidate at Melbourne and meet the eligibility requirements of a Melbourne Research Scholarship.
First published on 22 March 2022.
Share this article
International PhD opportunities
Discover the fully funded Joint PhD opportunities that are currently available with universities and research institutions around the world.
Become a graduate researcher at the University of Melbourne.
Life as a researcher
Read the stories of current and past graduate researchers. Find out about their experiences at the University and where their degrees have taken them.