How to apply
Once you’ve identified a joint PhD project that you’re interested in, you can apply to the Melbourne CNRS Network.
To apply for a joint PhD opportunity in the Melbourne CNRS Network, follow these steps.
1. Identify a project you are interested in from the available opportunities.
2. Make sure you meet the admission criteria of both the University of Melbourne and the partner university. These criteria include the minimum entry requirements and English language requirements.
All faculties have additional requirements for applicants. Projects in the Melbourne CNRS Network are carried out in one of three faculties. Check that you meet the admission criteria of the relevant faculty:
3. Email the project supervisor at the University of Melbourne. Their contact details are included at the bottom of the project description.
Include the following in your email:
- Your name and contact details
- The title of the joint PhD project of interest
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the project
- Your CV
- Your university transcripts
- Any additional supporting documentation (if required).
The supervision team will consider your documentation and advise you on the next steps.
All joint PhD candidates are eligible for a scholarship that provides a living allowance. It is awarded for 3 years with the possibility of a 6-month extension. All joint PhD candidates receive waivers of their tuition fees at both institutions for up to 4 years.
If you have questions about the joint PhD program or the application process, contact us.
Propose your own PhD project
We welcome ideas for new joint PhD projects, in addition to those already advertised. All joint PhD projects must be carried out with one of the University’s partner institutions. Note that the normal application process will apply.
For more information on proposing joint PhD projects, and a list of our joint PhD partner institutions, visit the Joint PhDs page.
First published on 24 March 2022.
Share this article
International PhD opportunities
Discover the fully funded Joint PhD opportunities that are currently available with universities and research institutions around the world.
Find a supervisor or research project
Discover how to find a supervisor and learn how they can support your graduate research, or search available research projects.
Become a graduate researcher at the University of Melbourne.
Life as a researcher
Read the stories of current and past graduate researchers. Find out about their experiences at the University and where their degrees have taken them.