How does Genesis Ventures support founders on their startup journey?
Yes, the fund provides that all-important pre-seed financial investment, but we also have a support ecosystem that is designed to help startups succeed.
How we help
- We get startups get operating quickly
- We provide access the University’s global network of advisors, mentors, alumni and investors
- We market, promote and amplify startup stories through University of Melbourne’s communication channels
- We connect startups with their next round of strategic investment partners such as Breakthrough Victoria, Tin Alley Ventures, Uniseed, Biocurate and other University related investors
- We invest via SAFE to grow value in business – to increase likelihood of raising the next round at higher valuation
- We lead a syndicate to raise additional funds from co-investors
- We use University of Melbourne Genesis Pre-Seed Fund investment as matched funding with other investors, funders and programs
- We provide coaching to help navigate the startup process
- We boost eligibility for additional growth support through the University’s FastTrack business growth services.
The University of Melbourne Genesis Pre-seed Fund
First published on 7 November 2023.
Share this article