iLab booking system
Create an account or login to search and book research equipment, facilities and services.
The iLab booking system supports effective and efficient research platform management. Many platforms now use iLab, and more are expected to come on board.
iLab allows you to:
- request training on equipment
- search and book research equipment and services
- manage services and analytical reporting
- create access for your lab members
- reserve specific platform equipment and resources, and maintain a calendar
- access control for sensitive or validated equipment
- manage time and cost-tracking.
New to iLab?
The below user guides include information on how to create an account and how to use the iLab booking system. We've also created some how-to videos showing you how to navigate iLab and how to schedule a platform resource.
For external researchers including Parkville affiliates
For principle investigators
Have further questions or need help?
Research infrastructure using iLab
- Biological Optical Microscopy Platform
- BioSciences Microscopy Unit
- Chemical and Biomedical Engineering In-House Equipment
- Electrical, Mechanical and Infrastructure Engineering
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology - Technical Services
- Ian Holmes Imaging Centre
- Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics Facility
- Materials Characterisation and Fabrication Platform
- Melbourne Histology Plalform
- Melbourne Magnetic Resonance Platform
- Melbourne Protein Characterisation Platform
- Melbourne Trace Analysis for Chemical, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Metabolomics Australia
- Phenomics Australia Histopathology and Slide Scanning Service
- Plant growth facilities (glasshouse complex)
- University Digitisation Centre
- User Experience (UX) Lab
- Other research infrastructure (not all using iLab)
Learn how to navigate the iLab dashboard, including how to:
- book resources
- request training
- view messages
- manage group lab access
- manage resources at the University of Melbourne as well as partner institutions.
Navigating the iLab booking system
How to schedule a platform resource
Scheduling a platform resource
Learn how to:
- view, schedule and book a time on a specific instrument, resource or machine
- view applicable pricing plans
- assign quick links to frequently used resources
- book equipment under different lab groups.