- Thursday 2 May 2019
- 12:00-1:00pm (AEST)
ECR Grants Information Session - Please register to attend on Eventbrite
- Wednesday 17 April 2019
- Friday 14 June 2019
Eligibility Exemption Requests due via SmartyGrants
- Thursday 25 July 2019
- 3:00pm (AEST)
Applications due via SmartyGrants
- Late October 2019
Notification of outcomes
*PLEASE NOTE: Faculty Expression of Interest and Review Deadlines also apply. Please see the table below (How to Apply, Section 2) for further information.
The objectives of this scheme are to:
- Support early career researchers with high research potential to progress their research careers by funding high quality research projects and pilot research projects on a competitive basis
- Encourage research of new members of staff seeking to establish their program of research at the University
- Enhance the staff member’s competitiveness in bidding for external research funds
- Provide experience in preparing a grant application for peer review.
- Provide research funding for projects that are strategically aligned with the University’s priorities.
Funding for successful applicants commences January 2019 for a period of 12 months. Grants will be awarded with a
- Maximum of $25,000 for Architecture Building and Planning, Arts, Business and Economics, Education, Fine Arts and Music, and Law.
- Maximum of $40,000 for Engineering, Science, Medicine Dentistry and Health Sciences, and Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences.
How to apply
For all Faculties/Graduate Schools
Review the funding documents
Review the Funding Guidelines and the Instructions to Applicants documents for this scheme.
Review faculty/school processes
Ensure that you are aware of any additional submission requirements specific to your Faculty/School.
Faculty Contact Email Phone Process Architecture, Building and Planning firstname.lastname@example.org (03) 8344 0608 Please submit your Expression of Interest to email@example.com using the ABP EOI Form by Monday 10 June 2019. Arts firstname.lastname@example.org (03) 8344 0192
(03) 9035 4040
Submit your application directly to RIC by the deadline as per the ECR Grant instructions.
Business and Economics Yasi Saninejad (03) 8344 1694 Submit your draft project description and application form (PDF copy generated in SmartyGrants) for review to email@example.com by Thursday 4 July 2019. Education firstname.lastname@example.org (03) 8344 4561
Submit draft applications for review to email@example.com by Tuesday 9 July. Please submit your final application directly to RIC, and also a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline as per the ECR Grant instructions.
Engineering Adelene Auyong (03) 9035 7362 Submit draft application for review to MSEemail@example.com by Wednesday 3 July 2019. Submit your final application directly to RIC, and also a copy to MSEfirstname.lastname@example.org by ECRG deadline, 25 July 2019 Fine Arts and Music Emily Kersing (03) 9035 9395 Please submit your EOI here by 5pm Thursday 13 June 2019. Law Mas Generis (03) 8344 9983
Contact Mas Generis by Friday 10 May 2019 if you are interested in applying. Send your final complete draft application to Mas by 9am Monday 22 July 2019 so she can arrange the Dean’s certification on your behalf.
Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences Peter Blight (03) 8344 6160 Submit your application directly to RIC by the deadline as per the ECR Grant instructions. Science Leanora Stuart (03) 8344 6840 Submit your application directly to RIC by the deadline as per the ECR Grant instructions. Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences Holly Jones (03) 8344 6541 Please submit an EOI using this form by 12 June 2019.
Complete an eligibility exemption request
If applicable, complete the eligibility exemption request form via SmartyGrants by 3pm, 14 June 2019.
Complete the application form via SmartyGrants
Remember to leave plenty of time to have the certification statement signed by your head of department. This will need to be uploaded into your SmartyGrants application form before you can submit. Themis submission is not required.
Documents for 2020 as of 17 May 2019
- Kim Turner, Internal Grants Officer
- Ph: + 61 8344 2708