- Wednesday 18 September 2019
Scheme opens - Apply Here
- Wednesday 6 November 2019 3pm AEST
- End of 2019
Edward Clarence Evelyn Dyason was a notable Melbourne humanist, philanthropist and engineer who, in 1947, bequeathed half of his residuary estate to the University of Melbourne for the advancement of education. The "Dyason Fellowships" were established to further this vision by assisting University staff to undertake or host a short-term international visit that fosters significant and lasting research collaborations with leading international researchers and their academic networks.
Fellowships are awarded across all disciplines as well as for interdisciplinary proposals. Preference is given to applications from Early Career Researchers and, each round, one-third of all awards are allocated to support high quality projects from the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences. Fellowships are not intended to support conference attendance.
- Applicants must hold an appointment at the University of Melbourne at Academic Level A (6) or higher and 0.5 FTE or higher at the time of application and for the duration of the award.
- Honorary and adjunct academic staff are not eligible to apply.
- Previous recipients may not reapply to the scheme for a period of two years after the round in which the initial fellowship was awarded.
How to apply
Review the Dyason Fellowship Guidelines
Complete and Submit the Application Form on SmartyGrants
Submit the application in Themis
Submit the completed application PDF (SmartyGrants will send you a generated PDF copy) via the Themis submissions workbench for Head of Department approval.
- 2019 Dyason Fellowship Guidelines
- List of Awards 2012-2018
- Final Report Template (for awards prior to 2019)
- How to Create a Themis Submission Record
- Kim Turner; email@example.com