- Friday 30 March 2018
- 5.00pm (AEST)
- Early June 2018
Edward Clarence Evelyn Dyason was a notable Melbourne humanist, philanthropist and engineer who, in 1947, bequeathed half of his residuary estate to the University of Melbourne for the advancement of education. The "Dyason Fellowships" were established to further this vision by assisting University staff to undertake or host a short-term international visit that fosters significant and lasting research collaborations with leading international researchers and their academic networks.
Fellowships are awarded across all disciplines as well as for interdisciplinary proposals. Preference is given to applications from Early Career Researchers and, each round, one-third of all awards are allocated to support high quality projects from the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences. Fellowships are not intended to support conference attendance.
- Applicants must hold an appointment at the University of Melbourne at Academic Level A (6) or higher and 0.5 FTE or higher at the time of application and for the duration of the award.
- Honorary and adjunct academic staff are not eligible to apply.
- Previous recipients may not reapply to the scheme for a period of two years after the round in which the initial fellowship was awarded.
How to apply
Review the Dyason Fellowship Guidelines
Save the completed application
Save the application as a single PDF document using the format SURNAME_FACULTY_DYASON, where NAME is the surname of the applicant. Dr Jane Smith from the Faculty of Arts would name the file SMITH_ARTS_DYASON).
Submit the application in Themis
Submit the completed application via Themis submissions for Head of Department approval.
Provide the Themis Sumbission application number to RIC
Email the Themis Submission application number to email@example.com.
- Fellowship Guidelines 2018
- Fellowship Application Form 2018
- List of Awards 2012-2017
- Final Report Template
- How to Create a Themis Submission Record