COVID-19 has caused an unprecedented financial impact on the research community. The Creativity and Wellbeing Hallmark Research Initiative (CAWRI) has released a pool of A$15 000 to fund small grants up to A$1000 each, for PhD students working in our theme area.
To be eligible to apply for the one-off payment, you must:
- be a confirmed PhD candidate at the University of Melbourne based at one of the following faculties:
- Fine Arts and Music
- Business and Economics
- Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- Melbourne School of Engineering
- Melbourne Graduate School of Education
- Architecture, Building and Planning
- be researching a topic related to both creativity AND wellbeing.
The grants will be awarded to eligible applicants on the basis of two criteria:
- the relevance of the applicant’s PhD research to the topic of ‘creativity and wellbeing’
- the importance of the funds to the progression of the PhD.
How to apply
Provide the following information in Word or PDF document:
- Your full name, student ID number, and faculty in which you are enrolled
- Whether you are enrolled part-time or full-time
- The name of your PhD supervisor/s and their contact email and phone number – the supervisor will be contacted to give a reference
- Your PhD thesis title and project summary – no more than 300 words
- A budget table set out using the below format, listing items totalling up to A$1000. Justify each item explaining how it will advance the progression of your PhD. These funds should cover research-related costs (e.g. materials, transcription costs, etc.). They may not be spent on overseas travel.
Email your completed application to CAWRI Research Coordinator Frederic Kiernan at email@example.com with the email subject line ‘CAWRI PhD Top-up Grant’.
|Budget item||Justification||Cash cost|
The funds need to be acquitted within 12 months and receipts must be provided for all expenses. The process for acquitting funds will be communicated to successful applicants.
CAWRI reserves the right to reclaim funds that are misused i.e. spent on items not listed in the approved budget, and will act to reclaim misused funds.
Please note that funds will take approximately 2 weeks to appear in the recipient’s account following confirmation of the award.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 10 July 2020.
No applications and no amendments to applications will be accepted after this deadline.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by 5pm the following Friday.