The Knowledge and Technology Transfer team is part of the University of Melbourne's Research, Innovation and Commercialisation group. We work collaboratively with business development and partnership teams towards delivery of the University's Enterprise Mission "to enrich our discovery and teaching environments by weaving relationships with business, industry and government into the fabric of our institution to address the major challenges of our time".
Associate Director, Knowledge and Technology Transfer Team (Acting)email@example.com +61 3 9035 5231
Intellectual Property Managerchan.firstname.lastname@example.org +61 3 8344 7185
Knowledge and Technology Transfer Team Lead MDHSkatrina.email@example.com +61 3 8344 1919
Knowledge and Technology Transfer Team Lead STEMfabian.firstname.lastname@example.org +61 3 9035 6020
Knowledge and Technology Transfer Officertan.email@example.com +61 3 8344 2538
Knowledge and Technology Transfer Officergreg.firstname.lastname@example.org +61 3 9035 8361
Knowledge and Technology Transfer Analystheric@unimelb.edu.au +61 3 8344 4519
IP Portfolio Officerbrendas@unimelb.edu.au +61 3 8344 3074
IP Contracts Officerrstead@unimelb.edu.au +61 3 8344 3152
Our team provides an extensive range of intellectual property and commercialisation support services to the University and its researchers. Specifically we:
Identify, develop and commercialise the University’s intellectual property assets.
- We play a role in identifying prospective intellectual property and inventions that have commercial potential and lead the shaping and protection of these intellectual assets
- We work with the researchers and business development teams to increase the commercial attractiveness of the intellectual assets and market these to identify opportunities for achieving adoption and impact
- We assist in raising funds to develop and commercialise the intellectual assets
- We lead the engagement with the University’s venture capital partners, Uniseed and IP Group, as well as other investors
- We are experts in licensing and start-ups and play a lead role in these activities
- We are experts in IP and work with Business Development, Partnerships, Legal and Contracts on complex transactions ensuring suitable IP arrangements and commercial terms
- We take an active role in growing the University’s technology transfer and commercialisation capabilities, including providing education programs to the researchers.
Manage the technology pipeline, equity and licensed asset portfolios.
- We are the custodian of the University’s technology pipeline and seek to grow and develop a strong pipeline to further the University's research and impact goals
- We manage the University’s patent portfolio
- We manage the University’s equity portfolio and its portfolio of licensed assets to generate benefits and returns
- We manage the flow of royalties and financial returns to inventors
Own the startup and licensing processes ensuring compliance to the University statute.
- We are the delegated authority to sign off on licensing and start-up deals that go to the University decision-maker(s)