Transitions Australasia Research Symposium
studioFive, Melbourne Graduate School of Education 234 Queensberry Street, Parkville VIC 3053 Melbourne, Victoria 3010 AustraliaMap
Learning Environments Applied Research Network (LEaRN)
Now into its 4th year, the International LEaRN Graduate Research Symposium recognises that graduate researchers bring a wealth of practical experience and new thinking to issues such as this. Registration is open to all and includes a copy of all papers submitted.
The program included keynote address and 12 papers by emerging researchers in the field of learning environments and explored:
- How well are teachers making this transition?
- Are these spaces facilitating any improvement in teaching practices?
- What evidence exists that these spaces are improving student experiences and learning?
- What is needed to help teachers better utilise space as one of their pedagogic tools?
A section of keynotes presented at Transitions Melbourne is available below:
- Chris Bradbeer – Into the great wide open: Navigating teacher opportunity, agency and structure in a collaborative ILE
- Janet Buchan – Learning without boundaries: Reconceptualising the curriculum in Innovative Learning Environments
- Terry Byers – What does teaching and learning look like in different classroom environments?
- Emily Nelson – Socio-spatial entanglements
- Vicky Leighton – Teaching space
- Suzanne Trask – Reconstructing senior science education in flexible learning spaces