Research Computing Services are responsible for research specific infrastructure. We provide platform access to researchers, expertise and education to research communities, and access to discipline specific tools and training.
Data storage and management
We offer a range of institutional supported data tools that can be used to assist in the management, movement, storage as well as improving the security of your research datasetsFind out more
Use the Melbourne Research Cloud as your personal virtual server and storageFind out more
HPC - High Performance Computing
HPC can help you perform your large research calculations, or many smaller calculations simultaneouslyFind out more
Training & Community
We offer free workshops and community events for researchers throughout the year to teach the valuable digital tool skills needed to take your research to the next level. We are researchers, training researchers!Find out more
Research Computing Services provides, builds and maintains ICT infrastructure for researchers, in particular cloud compute infrastructure and data storage infrastructure. Enabling data-driven research and the effective use of IT is at the centre of everything we do.
Stay connected and visit our Blog to find out more.
- 04 April 2019: Spartan Update April 2019
- NEWSLETTER- May 2018: The Year Ahead
- NEWSLETTER- June 2018: Solving data with Applications
- 28 February 2019: New cloud and HPC infrastructure and the launch of the Melbourne Research Cloud Dashboard
- 22 February 2019: NCI LIEF (LE190100021) Information
- 02-03 February 2019: UoM Network Disruption
- NEWSLETTER- 12th October 2018: Increasing efficiency of research publication via compute, community and consultancy.
- 17-18 December 2018: UoM Research Cloud Scheduled Maintenance
- 16-19 December 2018: UoM Spartan HPC Scheduled Maintenance
- 17-18 December 2018: UoM Research Data Management Platforms Scheduled Maintenance
At Research Computing Services we offer a wide range of free workshops to help up-skill researchers in the tools they need to "Work Smarter, not Harder."
To view all of our upcoming workshops, refer to the calendar below, or register for any of our upcoming workshops on our Eventbrite page.
Level 2, Doug McDonell Building (168), University of Melbourne
CoLab: Rm 329, Level 3, Eastern Resource Centre (171), University of Melbourne
UoM Self-Service Portal (ServiceNow):
- UoM Staff: http://go.unimelb.edu.au/or96
- UoM Students: http://go.unimelb.edu.au/4exr
- External Users: http://go.unimelb.edu.au/75vr
- General Enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org