The overarching goal of the ESPRIt Hallmark Initiative is to broaden and deepen existing collaborations, and bring together researchers who have not previously collaborated, with the aim of generating new knowledge, insights and ideas. To that end, ESPRIt provides seed-funding for interdisciplinary research projects.
First Round - 2017
ESPRIt's first round of seed-funding is opening up shortly. ESPRIt is especially committed to provide opportunities for young scholars to build interdisciplinary research collaborations. For that reason, the seed-funding round 2017/18 is specifically targeted at ECRs. Interdisciplinary applications are sought from Level A, B, or C Researchers, who received their PhD within the last 5 years.
Seed-funding will be allocated in a two-stage process. First, there will be a networking workshop bringing together researchers from across the University to provide opportunities to meet researchers from other disciplines and faculties. During this workshop interested applicants will be provided the opportunity to develop research teams. Second, teams can develop a formal application over the following two months.
- 1 December 2017: RSVP to Networking Workshop by sending an email to ESPRIt Contact
Please provide the following information on the RSVP:
- Academic level/appointment type
- Years since PhD completion
- Discipline Area
- 5– 10 keywords capturing research interests (current and future)
- What other discipline areas would you particularly like to collaborate with?
- 14 December 2017: Networking Workshop
- 16 February 2018: Formal applications are due
Please find further details on the networking event, funding rules as well as the funding application form here: