Research Computing Services offer specialised computing services. We support University researchers across all disciplines.
We help you find the best options for creating, analysing, collecting and managing your data. We also support you using our platforms and systems.
We operate and manage the University’s research computing infrastructure. Our on-campus services include a range of computational and associated data storage environments to support your research requirements. We can help you with:
- high performance computing
- large-scale computing
- cloud computing
- artificial intelligence and machine-learning applications
- data analytics
- data storage and security
- data retention and recoverability
- preparation of data for delivery to external partners
- expert advice and consulting.
- 6000 cores of high-performance central processing unit (CPU) computing platform
- 300 nodes of general purpose graphics processing unit (GPGPU) computing platform
- 25 000 virtual cores of cloud computing platform
- four petabytes of computational storage
- over 10 petabytes of research data storage
- access to over 700 software applications
- access to 10 000 000 service units at the National Computational Infrastructure supercomputing facility
- access to 5000 virtual cores of cloud computing in the Melbourne Node of the Nectar Research Cloud.
Our resources and expertise are available only to members of the University of Melbourne research community. Our services are offered at no direct cost to researchers.
Research Computing Services can be used in conjunction with all the University’s research platforms.
Dr Stephen Giugni OAM
Phone: +61 466 447 861
More information on this platform can be found on the Research Gateway, which is available to all University of Melbourne academic and honorary staff, graduate researchers and professional staff. Please note, to access the Research Gateway, you will need to login with your University of Melbourne username and password.