The iLab booking system supports effective and efficient research platform management. Many platforms now use iLab, and more are expected to come on board.
iLab allows you to:
- request training on equipment
- search and book research equipment and services
- manage services and analytical reporting
- create access for your lab members
- reserve specific platform equipment and resources, and maintain a calendar
- access control for sensitive or validated equipment
- manage time and cost-tracking.
New to iLab?
The below user guides include information on how to create an account and how to use the iLab booking system. We've also created some how-to videos showing you how to navigate iLab and how to schedule a platform resource.
For external researchers including Parkville affiliates
For principle investigators
Have further questions or need help?
Research infrastructure using iLab
- Biological Optical Microscopy Platform
- BioSciences Microscopy Unit
- Chemical and Biomedical Engineering In-House Equipment
- Electrical, Mechanical and Infrastructure Engineering
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology - Technical Services
- Ian Holmes Imaging Centre
- Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics Facility
- Materials Characterisation and Fabrication Platform
- Melbourne Histology Plalform
- Melbourne Magnetic Resonance Platform
- Melbourne Protein Characterisation Platform
- Melbourne Trace Analysis for Chemical, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Metabolomics Australia
- Phenomics Australia Histopathology and Slide Scanning Service
- Plant growth facilities (glasshouse complex)
- University Digitisation Centre
- Other research infrastructure (not all using iLab)
Learn how to navigate the iLab dashboard, including how to:
- book resources
- request training
- view messages
- manage group lab access
- manage resources at the University of Melbourne as well as partner institutions.
Navigating the iLab booking system
How to schedule a platform resource
Scheduling a platform resource
Learn how to:
- view, schedule and book a time on a specific instrument, resource or machine
- view applicable pricing plans
- assign quick links to frequently used resources
- book equipment under different lab groups.