Our lab provides advanced interactive data capturing, analysing, and visualisation tools and immersive digital technologies for academia, researchers, government and industry partners.
The Digital Lab is a technology arm of the Centre of SDIs and Land Administration and utilises cutting-edge devices and advanced interactive technologies for capturing, analysis, and visualisation of data in order to present, interpret and communicate with big data.
The lab promotes creation and innovation in scientific research, education, and training and to boost productivity in academia and industry through provision of:
- Data collection using state-of-the-art data capturing equipment
- Data visualisation using a range of cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Data analysis to generate novel digital solutions that can facilitate decision making.
Located on Level 1 at Melbourne Connect, the Digital Lab is equipped with the latest immersive technologies such as Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), Hologram Table, and 3D modelling technologies such as laser scanners, drones, and cameras, and is dedicated to enable users to capture and visualise their data and test and develop immersive technologies.
The Digital Lab provides high-quality services via the provision of:
- Industry-leading real-time data capturing equipment
- Professional-grade accurate photorealistic laser scanners
- IoT sensors for indoor and outdoor monitoring
- Real-time indoor positioning devices
- Cutting-edge 3D visualisation equipment
- Mixed Reality and Virtual Reality headsets
- Digital twin platform.
The Digital Lab provides high quality services to academia and researchers from various scientific disciplines, ranging from computer science, engineering and architecture to physical sciences and health sciences to facilitate research and teaching activities.
Our lab also collaborates with government and industry partners for data collection, visualisation, and analyses with our state-of-the-art technologies and services.
Level 1, Melbourne Connect
700 Swanston St
The University of Melbourne
Parkville, VIC 3010, Australia
Professor Abbas Rajabifard