Call for feedback: NHMRC Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander guidelines
The NHMRC has released two draft guidelines for research involving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. These guidelines are currently under review, and feedback is sought from the University community.
The two draft guidelines are:
- 'Ethical conduct in research with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and communities: Guidelines for researchers and stakeholders', and
- 'Keeping research on track II'
Together, these guidelines provide information to researchers to ensure all human research involving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and communities:
- respects the shared values of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- is relevant for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander priorities, needs and aspirations
- develops long-term ethical relationships among researchers, institutions and sponsors
- develops best practice ethical standards of research
For links to relevant documents or to find out how to provide feedback, see the below link. Feedback to the University closes Friday, 23 June 2017.