**THIS SCHEME IS CLOSED AND NO FURTHER APPLICATION ROUNDS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED**
The NHMRC/ARC Dementia Research Development Fellowships scheme is part of the Boosting Dementia Research Initiative. This joint NHMRC-ARC Dementia Research Development Fellowships Scheme provides opportunities for postdoctoral researchers to undertake advanced training in the health, medical, fundamental sciences, social, economic and cultural fields relevant to dementia, in either Australia or overseas.
Managing your NHMRC/ARC Dementia Research Development Fellowship
See also information about Varying and Transferring NHMRC Grants/Fellowships.
How to apply
Steps to be completed by Chief Investigator A (CIA):
Submit a Notice of Intent (NOI)
The NOI should be completed early to provide RIC with CIA contact details.
Complete/update RGMS Profile and CV
The CIA will need to obtain access to RGMS to complete this step.
Review the funding documents
The CIA needs to review the Funding Rules and Advice and Instructions to Applicants for this scheme. These documents are essential reading and detail key changes to the current round.
Complete draft application in RGMS
Complete the draft application in RGMS. Ensure you enter 'The University of Melbourne' as the Administering Institution.
Email a draft application to RIC
Email a draft application to RIC for review. A hardcopy is not required.
- Use the ‘Request Latest Snapshot Report’ function in RGMS.
- Email two snapshot reports, the draft Grant Proposal (as a PDF) and a completed UOM Lodgement Form. A UOM Authority to Submit form is not required at this stage.
- RIC will send an email upon receipt.
Complete the application after feedback
After taking feedback from RIC into consideration, complete the application in RGMS. Upload all documents and referee reports as outlined in Advice and Instructions to Applicants, paying special attention to formatting requirements. It is suggested advice is sought from colleagues, Faculty Mentors, etc. before finalising the application.
Certify the application in RGMS
Certify the application via the ‘CI Certification’ function in RGMS. Snapshot reports will be automatically generated, please wait for these to be produced. The application will be locked once certified and status then will be Submitted to RAO.
Submit the UOM Authority to Submit form
The form must be submitted to RIC in hardcopy before 5:00pm on the final internal closing date. This form should include:
- Signature of the CI and Head of Department/Institute Director.
A hardcopy of the RGMS application is not required.
Note that this is an NHMRC requirement and the application cannot be submitted to NHMRC until RIC receives this form.
RIC will submit the application
Once the application has been submitted to NHMRC, the CIA will receive RGMS notification.
- NHMRC Scheme page
- NHMRC Funding Rules: All schemes and Scheme specific
- NHMRC Advice and Instructions to Applicants
- RGMS NHMRC Peer Review Guidelines
- RGMS Character Count online tool *NEW*
- RGMS User Guides
- Budget Mechanism for funding commencing 2015-16 (scroll to bottom of page on this link)
- Indigenous Research Excellence Criteria
- Australian Standard Research Classifications and NHMRC Keyword/Phrases
- 2015 Grant Proposal Template - mandatory
- Supervisor Report template (with no RGMS profile)
- Supervisor Report template (with RGMS)
- UoM Authority to Submit form
- UoM Lodgement Form *NEW*
- List of Faculty Grant Coordinators/Mentors
- Questions and primary email
|Sybil Woolfson (primary contact)||+61 3 8344 2062|
|Anna Giannios||+61 3 8344 2608|