- Wednesday 7 December 2016
Applications open in RGMS
- Tuesday 10 January 2017
Internal date for review by RIC
- Wednesday 25 January 2017
Final submission due to RIC
15 March 2017 **NEW** : Submission of special circumstances webform for interviews
(refer to Funding Rules 9.1)
The Research Fellowships Scheme aims to recruit and support Australia’s very best medical and health research talent in research during the most productive years of their research life. It also helps to further develop them as leaders in their field and contribute to the Australian research community through active participation.
A critical objective of the scheme is to foster an intellectual environment which supports and builds the capacity of Australian research for the future. In so doing, create knowledge through investment in research to improve health and to contribute to Australia’s prosperity.
How to apply
Steps to be completed by Chief Investigator A (CIA):
Submit a Notice of Intent (NOI)
The NOI should be completed early to provide RIC with CIA contact details.
Complete/update RGMS Profile and CV
The CI will need to obtain access to RGMS to complete this step.
Review the funding documents
The CI should read the NHMRC All Schemes and Scheme Specific: Funding Rules, Advice and Instructions to Applicants and Guide to Peer Review documents. These documents can be found in the Supporting documents below.
Complete draft application in RGMS
A pre-formatted Microsoft Word template for the Grant Proposal should be downloaded from the NHMRC website. Applicants must use this template to complete their Grant Proposal without changing the formatting in any way, as this could render applicants ineligible.
Email 'Review ready' application to RIC
Email a draft application to RIC for review. A hardcopy is not required.
- Use the ‘Request Latest Snapshot Report’ function in RGMS.
- Email two snapshot reports, the draft Grant Proposal (as a PDF). A UOM Authority to Submit form is not required at this stage.
RIC will send an email upon receipt.
Complete the application after feedback
After taking feedback from RIC into consideration, complete the application in RGMS. It is suggested advice is sought from colleagues, Faculty Mentors, etc. before finalising the application.
Certify the application in RGMS
Certify the application via the ‘CI Certification’ function in RGMS. Snapshot reports will be automatically generated, please wait for these to be produced. The application will be locked once certified and status then will be Submitted to RAO.
UOM Authority to Submit form
CIA to submit a fully completed UOM Authority to Submit form to RIC by email (*NEW PROCESS*) before 5pm on the final internal closing date. The form should be one PDF document and should include:
- Completed compliance and eligibility section
- Signature of the CIA and Head of Department/Institute Director.
A hardcopy of the RGMS application is not required.
Note that this is an NHMRC requirement and the application cannot be submitted to NHMRC until RIC receives this form.
RIC will submit the application
Once the application has been submitted to NHMRC, the CIA will receive RGMS notification.
- NHMRC Research Fellowship
**To access documentation on NHMRC webpage use menu on left side webpage and scroll down to relevant item**
- Funding Rules: All Schemes and Research Fellowship specific (must refer to both)
- Advice and Instructions: All Schemes and Research Fellowship specific (must refer to both
- Key Changes and Important Information for Research Fellowships
- Grant Proposal template (download from NHMRC webpage - mandatory use)
- Peer Review Guidelines: All schemes and Scheme Specific (must refer to both)
- Research Classifications and NHMRC Keywords
- RGMS Character Count online tool
- RGMS Offline Forms (review via RGMS entry only)
- RGMS User Guides
- Indigenous Research Excellence Criteria - see Section 6.3 of Funding Rules
Copies of previous successful Research Fellowship applications can be accessed via UOM login in the RIC Grants Library. Applicants without UOM login should contact RIC staff via email to request copies.
- Questions and primary email
- Sybil Woolfson
- T: +61 3 8344 2062