- Wednesday 22 March 2017
Applications open in RGMS
- Monday 24 April 2017
1st Internal date for review by RIC
- Wednesday 3 May 2017
Minimum Data due
- Thursday 11 May 2017
Final submission due to RIC
- 30 June 2017 11:59 PM AEST
Deadline to provide NHMRC with interview time preference
- August 2017
Applicants notified of shortlisting outcome
The aim of NHMRC’s Program Grants scheme is to provide support for teams of the highest quality researchers to pursue broadly based, collaborative research activities. The underlying rationale for the scheme is to provide substantial, long-term, flexible funding to integrated groups of researchers with well-established track records of high impact health and medical research.
Program Grant recipients are expected to:
- contribute new knowledge at a leading international level in important areas of health and medical research
- develop novel ideas and approaches
- tackle problems for which longer term stable funding is essential
- develop and implement training and career development opportunities within the team
- facilitate collaborative use of specialised facilities or expertise
- pursue interdisciplinary, collaborative goals which would not be possible by working on the program’s individual components in isolation of each other.
Changes to the Program Grants can be found on the NHMRC website. These changes include: a change to wording in Program Grant Scheme-Specific Funding Rules for 2017 to clarify applicants' participation in interviews; and an amendment to Category Descriptors for Collaborative Gain.
How to apply
Steps to be completed by Chief Investigator A (CIA):
Submit a Notice of Intent (NOI)
The NOI should be completed early to provide RIC with CIA contact details.
Complete/update RGMS Profile and CV
The CI will need to obtain access to RGMS to complete this step.
Review the funding documents
The CI should read the NHMRC All Schemes and Scheme Specific: Funding Rules, Advice and Instructions to Applicants and Guide to Peer Review documents. These documents can be found in the Supporting documents
Complete draft application in RGMS
CoA mandatory pre-formatted Microsoft Word template for the Grant Proposal should be downloaded from the NHMRC website. The formatting in this template must not be amended in any way as this could render applicants ineligible.
Email a draft application to RIC
Email a draft application to RIC for review. A hardcopy is not required.
- Use the ‘Request Latest Snapshot Report’ function in RGMS.
- Email two snapshot reports, Research Achievements (PDF) and the draft Grant Proposal (PDF). A UOM Authority to Submit form is not required at this stage.
RIC will send an email upon receipt.
Complete the application after feedback
After taking feedback from RIC into consideration, complete the application in RGMS. It is suggested advice is sought from colleagues, Faculty Mentors, etc. before finalising the application.
Certify the application in RGMS
Certify the application via the ‘CI Certification’ function in RGMS. Snapshot reports will be automatically generated, please wait for these to be produced. The application will be locked once application is certified and status then will be Submitted to RAO.
Submit the UOM Authority to Submit form
CIA to submit a fully completed UOM Authority to Submit form to RIC by email (*NEW PROCESS*) before 5pm on the final internal closing date. The form should be one PDF document and should include:
- Completed compliance and eligibility sections
- Signature of the CIA and Head of Department/Institute Director.
- Written evidence (e.g. email) from all CIs and AIs. This evidence must clearly state the application ID number and include the relevant "I certify..." text provided in the Authority to Submit form. Suggested wording is provided in the accompanying support document. All written evidence must be attached to the finished Authority to Submit form in order of CI/AI listing with the other signatures.
A hardcopy of the RGMS application is not required.
Note that obtaining signatures/consents is an NHMRC requirement and the application cannot be submitted to NHMRC until RIC receives this form
RIC will submit the application
Once the application has been submitted to NHMRC, the CIA will receive RGMS notification.
- Program Grant webpage (includes Program Grant Quanta)
**To access documentation on NHMRC webpage use menu on left side webpage and scroll down to relevant item**
- Funding Rules: All Schemes and Scheme Specific [applicants must refer to both]
- Advice and Instructions to Applicants: All Schemes and Scheme Specific [applicants must refer to both]
- Peer Review Guidelines: All Schemes and Scheme Specific [applicants must refer to both]
- Changes to Program Grant scheme for 2017
- Interview information - refer to relevant section in Scheme Specific Funding Rules
- Grant Proposal template *mandatory*
- Research Achievements template *mandatory*
- Program Grant Category Descriptors
- RGMS Offline Forms (RIC will only review online via RGMS)
- RGMS User Guides
- UOM Authority to Submit form (to follow)
- Copies of previous successful Program Grant applications can be accessed via UOM login in the RIC Grants library. Applicants without UOM login should contact RIC staff via email to request copies.
- List of Faculty Grant Coordinators/Mentors
- Questions and primary email
|Anne Coco (primary contact)||+61 3 8344 8265|