The Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) Programme encourages and facilitates industry-led collaboration between industry and research with objectives revised to put industry front and centre. The programme aims for increased in involvement of SMEs, through reduction of perceived barriers to their participation.
The CRC Programme is structured into two streams of activity: the traditional CRC which supports medium–to long term industry-led collaborations; and
- CRC-Projects (CRC-Ps) which support short term, industry-led research CRC-Ps will be smaller collaborations operating on short project timelines with simpler governance and administration arrangements and less funding
- can be funded for up to 3 years;
- apply for a maximum of $3M in CRC funding;
- must have at least two Australian Industry Entities (including one SME) and one Australian Research Organisation; and
- are open for multiple applications rounds annually.
Round 1 Outcomes
The University of Melbourne, in collaboration with Speedpanel Australia, was awarded $3,000,000 to research and develop innovative pre-fabricated building systems for three years. Click here for more information.
The CRC Programme has released their dates for CRC-Projects Rounds 3 & *anticipated dates for Round 4.
RIC Major Initiatives will be coordinating University support for these rounds.
7 Feb 2017
22 March 2017
Find out more
More information on this scheme, including critical dates and documentation can be found on the Staff Hub.