The Group of Eight (Go8) Australian Universities offer eight fellowships to early career researchers in Europe each year. The fellowships aim to further research collaboration between Australia and Europe. Go8 European Fellows receive up to $A 20,000 to support travel and living costs to work at a Go8 member university for up to six months.
Each fellowship will have a value of up to $A 20,000, divided as follows:
- $A 2,000 provided to the host school/college/faculty/department to meet incidental expenses
- Up to $A 18,000 for
- Travel, including travel within Australia (up to $A 6,000); these funds will be provided as a reimbursement to the Fellow based on receipts/invoices
- Living away from home allowance to cover accommodation, food and the additional costs of living away from home (up to $A 12,000).
You are eligible for this scheme if you:
- Have completed a PhD in less than five years prior to the application closing date (extensions may be granted due to family/caring responsibilities)
- Are under 40 years of age at the application closing date
- Are a citizen of one of the designated countries listed in the Application Package
- Reside in one of the designated countries listed in the Application Package (it need not be the same country as your citizenship)
- Are employed (minimum half-time appointment) for at least six months prior to the application closing date by a university or research organisation (public or private) in one of the designated countries
- Have sufficient competency in English to be have to adequately communicate with researchers in the host university
- Are eligible to obtain an appropriate Australian visa.
How to apply
Read the complete application package.
Submit application in Themis
Submit the completed application via Themis submission for Head of Department approval.
Submit application to RIC
Submit the approved application electronically to email@example.com.
- Application Package
- Go8 European Fellowships questions and primary email