- Monday 12 June 2017
- 9.00am (AEST)
- Monday 26 June 2017
- 11.59pm (AEST)
Eligibility Exemption Requests due
- Monday 14 August 2017
- 12.00pm (AEST)
- By end October 2017
Notification of outcomes
The objectives of this scheme are to:
- Support early career researchers with high research potential to progress their research careers by funding high quality research projects and pilot research projects on a competitive basis
- Encourage research of new members of staff seeking to establish their program of research at the University
- Enhance the staff member’s competitiveness in bidding for external research funds
- Provide experience in preparing a grant application for peer review.
- Provide research funding for projects that are strategically aligned with the University’s priorities.
Funding for successful applicants commences January 2018 for a period of 12 months. Grants will be awarded with a maximum value of $25,000 for humanities and social sciences and $40,000 for engineering and sciences. Grants requesting less than $5,000 will not be awarded.
How to apply
For all Faculties/Graduate Schools
Review the funding documents
Review the Funding Guidelines and the Instructions to Applicants documents for this scheme.
Review faculty/school processes
Ensure that you are aware of any additional submission requirements specific to your Faculty/School.
Faculty Contact Email Phone Process ABP Stephanie Flanagan (03) 9035 8719 TBC Arts email@example.com TBC Business and Economics Sarah Graham (03) 8344 8168 Submit application for comments and review to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 31 July. Submit final application via Themis by Monday 14 August and submit copy of final application to email@example.com. Education Jacinta Ridge (03) 8344 4068
Please submit your draft to MERI before Monday 31 July 2017 if you intend to apply.
Engineering Melanie Villinger (03) 9035 6694 TBC Law firstname.lastname@example.org TBC MDHS Anna Cross (03) 9035 7928 TBC Science Ken Choong (03) 9035 8763 TBC FVAS Edwina Goh (03) 8344 6541 TBC VCA and MCM Bianca Durrant (03) 9035 9241 TBC
Complete an eligibility exemption request
If applicable, complete the eligibility exemption request form and submit to email@example.com by 26 June 2017.
Complete the application form and submit in Themis
Complete the application form, save as a single PDF file and submit via the Themis Submissions Workbench.
***APPLICATION DOCUMENTS FOR THE 2018 SCHEME WILL BE RELEASED ON MONDAY 12 JUNE 2017***
- Application Administration
- RIC Internal Grants