- Monday 12 June 2017
- 9.00am (AEST)
- Monday 26 June 2017
- 11.59pm (AEST)
Eligibility Exemption Requests due
- Monday 14 August 2017
- 12.00pm (AEST)
- By end October 2017
Notification of outcomes
The objectives of this scheme are to:
- Support early career researchers with high research potential to progress their research careers by funding high quality research projects and pilot research projects on a competitive basis
- Encourage research of new members of staff seeking to establish their program of research at the University
- Enhance the staff member’s competitiveness in bidding for external research funds
- Provide experience in preparing a grant application for peer review.
- Provide research funding for projects that are strategically aligned with the University’s priorities.
Funding for successful applicants commences January 2018 for a period of 12 months. Grants will be awarded with a maximum value of $25,000 for humanities and social sciences and $40,000 for engineering and sciences. Grants requesting less than $5,000 will not be awarded.
How to apply
For all Faculties/Graduate Schools
Review the funding documents
Review the Funding Guidelines and the Instructions to Applicants documents for this scheme.
Review faculty/school processes
Ensure that you are aware of any additional submission requirements specific to your Faculty/School.
Faculty Contact name Phone Process ABP firstname.lastname@example.org TBC Arts email@example.com TBC Business and Economics firstname.lastname@example.org TBC Education email@example.com TBC Engineering firstname.lastname@example.org TBC Law email@example.com TBC MDHS firstname.lastname@example.org TBC Science email@example.com TBC FVAS firstname.lastname@example.org TBC VCA and MCM Bianca Durrant 9035 9241 TBC
Complete an eligibility exemption request
If applicable, complete the eligibility exemption request form and submit to email@example.com by 26 June 2017.
Complete the application form and submit in Themis
Complete the application form, save as a single PDF file and submit via the Themis Submissions Workbench.
***APPLICATION DOCUMENTS FOR THE 2018 SCHEME WILL BE RELEASED ON MONDAY 12 JUNE 2017***
- Application Administration
- RIC Internal Grants