- Tuesday 14 June 2016
- 9.00am (AEST)
- Monday 27 June 2016
- 11.59pm (AEST)
Eligibility Exemption Requests due
- Monday 15 August 2016
- 11.59pm (AEST)
- Late October 2016
Notification of outcomes
The objectives of this scheme are to:
- Support early career researchers with high research potential to progress their research careers by funding high quality research projects and pilot research projects on a competitive basis
- Encourage research of new members of staff seeking to establish their program of research at the University
- Enhance the staff member’s competitiveness in bidding for external research funds
- Provide experience in preparing a grant application for peer review.
- Provide research funding for projects that are strategically aligned with the University’s priorities.
Funding for successful applicants commences January 2017 for a period of 12 months. Grants will be awarded with a maximum value of $25,000 for humanities and social sciences and $40,000 for engineering and sciences. Grants requesting less than $5,000 will not be awarded.
How to apply
For all Faculties/Graduate Schools
Review the funding documents
Review the Funding Guidelines and the Instructions to Applicants documents for this scheme.
Review faculty/school processes
Ensure that you are aware of any additional submission requirements specific to your Faculty/School.
Faculty Contact name Phone Process ABP firstname.lastname@example.org Arts Charlotte Carter 9035 8903 Final applications should be submitted to email@example.com by 1 August for Faculty Review and ranking. Feedback will then be provided to applicants with those deemed competitive to lodge their applications in Themis by 15 August 2016. Business and Economics Sarah Graham 8344 8168 Final applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 August 2016 and lodged in Themis by 15 August 2016. Education email@example.com Final applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 August 2016 and lodged in Themis by 15 August 2016. Engineering Melanie Villinger 9035 6694 Applications must be submitted for MSE review by 27 July 2016. Final applications should be lodged in Themis and emailed to email@example.com by 15 August 2016. Law Mas Generis 8344 9983 MDHS Anna Cross 9035 7928 Science Adam Smart 8344 7976 FVAS Edwina Goh 8344 6541 VCA and MCM Bianca Durrant 9035 9241
Complete an eligibility exemption request
If applicable, complete the eligibility exemption request form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 June 2016.
Complete the application form and submit in Themis
Complete the application form, save as a single PDF file and submit via the Themis Submissions Workbench.
- 2017 Funding Guidelines
- 2017 Instructions to Applicants
- 2017 Eligibility Exemption Request Form
- 2017 Application Form
- 2017 FAQs
- Themis Submission Instructions
- 2016 Australian Competitive Grants Register
- 2017 Seminar Slides (20 June 2016)
- 2017 Seminar Recording (20 June 2016)
- Application Administration
- RIC Internal Grants