- Wednesday 5 April 2017
Applications open in RGMS
- Monday 1 May 2017
Internal date for review by RIC
- Thursday 25 May 2017
Final submission due to RIC
NHMRC TRIP Fellowships provide support for health care professionals (e.g medical specialists, general practitioners, public health practitioners, physiotherapists, nurses, midwives, radiologists, and other allied health providers), health care personnel (health service managers, hospital department leaders, clinical trial managers) health systems personnel, health researchers and health policy makers to translate evidence into health care and public health improvements.
Note: In the context of the TRIP Fellowship, a policy maker is defined as someone who contributes significantly to the development of a health policy or policy decisions. The person must also be actively implementing or contributing significantly to the implementation of policy into practice.
The Fellowships provide for 0.5 of a full time equivalent position and ensure time for Fellows to develop the range of skills needed for leadership in research translation within their career. TRIP Fellowships are not designed to support applicants already established as health care leaders.
How to apply
Steps to be completed by Chief Investigator A (CIA):
Submit a Notice of Intent (NOI)
The NOI should be completed early to provide RIC with CIA contact details.
Complete/update RGMS Profile and CV
The CI will need to obtain access to RGMS to complete this step.
Review the funding documents
The CI should read the NHMRC Funding Rules, NHMRC Advice and Instructions to Applicants as well as review the UOM Authority to Submit form. This Fellowship offers co-funding opportunities and applicants should review the Co-Funding Partners document.
Complete draft application in RGMS
Applicants must download and use the NHMRC Grant Proposal Template without changing the formatting in any way, as this could render applicants ineligible. Ensure you enter 'The University of Melbourne' as the Administering Institution in RGMS.
Email 'Review ready' application to RIC
Email a draft application to RIC for review. A hardcopy of RGMS application is not required.
- Use the ‘Request Latest Snapshot Report’ function in RGMS.
- Email two snapshot reports and the draft Grant Proposal (as a PDF). A UOM Authority to Submit form is not required at this stage.
RIC will send an email upon receipt.
Complete the application after feedback
After taking feedback from RIC into consideration, complete the application in RGMS. It is suggested advice is sought from colleagues, Faculty Mentors, etc. before finalising the application.
Submit the UOM Authority to Submit form
CIA to submit a fully completed UOM Authority to Submit form to RIC by email (*NEW PROCESS*) before 5pm Thursday 25 May 2017. The form should be one PDF document and should include:
- Completed compliance and eligibility sections
- Signature of the CI and Head of Department/Institute Director.
A hardcopy of the RGMS application is not required.
Note that this is an NHMRC requirement and the application cannot be submitted to NHMRC until RIC receives this form.
Certify the application in RGMS
Certify the application via the ‘CI Certification’ function in RGMS. Snapshot reports will be automatically generated, please wait for these to be produced. The application will be locked once certified and status then will be Submitted to RAO.
RIC will submit the application
Once the application has been submitted to NHMRC, the CIA will receive RGMS notification.
- TRIP Fellowship webpage
- Funding Rules: All Schemes and TRIP Fellowship specific (applicants must refer to both)
- Advice and Instructions to Applicants: All Schemes and TRIP Fellowship specific (applicants must refer to both)
- Grant Proposal Template (mandatory)
- Changes to TRIP Fellowship scheme
- Peer Review Guidelines: All Schemes and TRIP Fellowship specific
- Indigenous Research Excellence Criteria
- RGMS Character Count online tool
- Co Funding Partners
- TRIP Category Descriptors
- RGMS Offline Forms (accessible via RGMS entry only under 'Applicants' tab)
- Research Classification Guides
For copies of previous successful TRIP Fellowship applications held in RIC Grants Library please contact us via email@example.com
- Questions and primary email
- Anna Giannios