**THIS SCHEME IS CLOSED AND NO FURTHER APPLICATION ROUNDS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED**
The Dementia Research Team Grants Scheme is part of the Boosting Dementia Research Initiative. Dementia Research Team Grants will provide support for teams of researchers over five years to pursue collaborative research, promote effective translation of research, and develop capacity under a dementia research priority framework. The priority framework was developed in consultation with international research funding agencies and spans primary prevention, secondary prevention and treatment and quality of life and care.
Funding will support dementia research across a variety of areas, including:
- Discovery Research
- Clinical Research
- Population Health Research
- Health Services Research
Funded Dementia Research Teams will be funded up to $6.5 million over five years to undertake innovative high quality research, promote effective translation of research into health policy and practice, build capacity in the health and medical research workforce, and provide opportunities to expand collaborations between research teams.
Funded teams will be an integral part of the new NHMRC National Institute for Dementia Research and will contribute to the Institute’s goals to expand dementia research in Australia, ensure better integration with international research and form a focus for rapid translation of evidence into policy and practice.
All applicants are required to commence their application and provide the specified minimum data in RGMS by 24 September 2014 to allow the NHMRC to start eligibility checks and source reviewers with appropriate expertise. Applications initiated after this date will not be accepted.
How to apply
Steps to be completed by Chief Investigator A (CIA):
Submit a Notice of Intent (NOI)
The NOI should be completed early to provide RIC with CIA contact details.
Complete/update RGMS Profile and CV
The CIA will need to obtain access to RGMS to complete this step.
Review the funding documents
The CIA needs to review the Funding Rules and Advice and Instructions to Applicants for this scheme. These documents are essential reading and detail key changes to the current round.
Complete draft application in RGMS
Please note the NHMRC requirement to enter minimum data by 5pm 22 September 2014.
We advise applicants use the NHMRC Grant Proposal template (see Resources section) and must not amend the formatting in any way as they may be found ineligible.
Email a draft application to RIC
Email a draft application to RIC for review. A hardcopy is not required.
- Use the ‘Request Latest Snapshot Report’ function in RGMS.
- Email two snapshot reports, the draft Grant Proposal (as a PDF) and a completed UOM Lodgement Form. A UOM Authority to Submit form is not required at this stage.
- RIC will send an email upon receipt.
Complete the application after feedback
After taking feedback from RIC into consideration, complete the application in RGMS. Upload all documents and referee reports as outlined in Advice and Instructions to Applicants, paying special attention to formatting requirements. It is suggested advice is sought from colleagues, Faculty Mentors, etc. before finalising the application.
Certify the application in RGMS
Certify the application via the ‘CI Certification’ function in RGMS. Snapshot reports will be automatically generated, please wait for these to be produced. The application will be locked once certified and status then will be Submitted to RAO.
Submit the UOM Authority to Submit form
The form must be submitted to RIC in hardcopy before 5:00pm on the final internal closing date. This form should include:
- Signature of the CIA and Head of Department/Institute Director.
- CIB to CIJ as well as all AI's must either sign the form or provide CIA with written evidence (e.g. an email) to the same effect. The CIA should attach all written evidence to the completed Authority to Submit form with the other signatures.
A hardcopy of the RGMS application is not required.
Note that this is an NHMRC requirement and the application cannot be submitted to NHMRC until RIC receives this form.
RIC will submit the application
Once the application has been submitted to NHMRC, the CIA will receive RGMS notification.
- NHMRC Dementia Research Team Grants
- NHMRC Dementia Research Team Funding Rules (review Section A and Section O - scheme specific information)
- Grant Proposal Template for 2014 Dementia Research Team Grants (DOCX)
- Advice and Instructions to Applicants
- Peer Review Guidelines
- Additional Guidance to Applicants on Career Disruption
- Criteria for Health and Medical Research of Indigenous Australians
- Australian Standard Research Classifications and NHMRC Keyword/Phrases
- UOM Lodgement Form
- UOM Authority to Submit Form
- Faculty Grant Coordinators/Mentors
- Questions and primary email
|Sybil Woolfson (primary contact)||+61 3 8344 2062|
|Sophie Hatcher||+61 3 9035 4878|