2017 3rd Call
- Monday 6 November 2017
NHMRC Approved Admin Institution waiver requests to RIC
- Monday13 November 2017
Draft applications to RIC
- Wednesday22 November 2017
Minimum Data due in RGMS
- Thursday30 November 2017
Final Certified Application to RIC
NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Projects (Partnership Projects) will help create partnerships among decision makers, policy makers, managers, clinicians and researchers. This funding scheme provides funding and support to create new opportunities for researchers and policy makers to work together to define research questions and undertake research and also to interpret and implement the findings. Partnership Projects will answer a specific research question to influence health and well-being through changes in the delivery, organisation, funding and access to health services.
Partnership Projects scheme allows applicants to apply at any time during the year rather than through just one annual round. This is to allow researchers and Partner Organisations to develop timely collaborations. Peer review of applications received in 2017 will occur in 3 cycles. Applications not submitted by the 3rd Call deadline of 6 December 2017 will need to reapply in 2018.
Important information and changes to the Partnership Projects scheme can be found on the NHMRC website.
2018 Application Calls
Internal dates for the application rounds in 2018 are as follows. Please note that other information on this page relates only to the 2017 application rounds and will be updated once 2018 Funding Rules are released.
2018 1st Call
- Wednesday 17 January 2018 - Applications open in RGMS
- Wenesday 21 March 2018 - Draft applications to RIC
- Wednesday 28 March 2018 5.00 pm - Minimum Data due in RGMS
- Wedneday 4 April 2018 - Final Certified applications to RIC
2018 2nd Call
- Thursday 29 March 2018 - Applications open in RGMS
- Wenesday 25 July 2018 - Draft applications to RIC
- Wednesday 1 August 2018 5.00 pm - Minimum Data due in RGMS
- Wedneday 8 August 2018 - Final Certified applications to RIC
2018 3rd Call
- Thursday 2 August 2018 - Applications open in RGMS
- Wenesday 14 November 2018 - Draft applications to RIC
- Wednesday 21 November 2018 5.00 pm - Minimum Data due in RGMS
- Wedneday 28 November 2018 - Final Certified applications to RIC
How to apply
Steps to be completed by Chief Investigator A (CIA):
Submit a Notice of Intent (NOI)
The NOI should be completed early to provide RIC with CIA contact details.
Complete/update RGMS Profile and CV
The CIA will need to obtain access to RGMS to complete this step.
Review the funding documents
The CI should read the NHMRC All Schemes and Scheme Specific: Funding Rules, Advice and Instructions to Applicants and Guide to Peer Review documents. These documents can be found in the Supporting documents below.
If applicable, submit a request for a NHMRC Administering Institutions Partner Waiver. Administering Institutions cannot be named as a partner on a Partnership Project application unless they are primarily an organisation which delivers health policy and/or health services, and obtain a waiver from NHMRC. A Request for Waiver form must be submitted to RIC by email by the internal waiver date.
Complete draft application in RGMS
Complete the draft application in RGMS. A mandatory pre-formatted Microsoft Word template for the Grant Proposal should be downloaded from the NHMRC website. We suggest the formatting in this template is not amended as this could render applicants ineligible
Email a draft application to RIC
Email a draft application to RIC for review. A hardcopy is not required.
- Use the ‘Request Latest Snapshot Report’ function in RGMS.
- Email two snapshot reports, the draft Grant Proposal and Partner Organisation Letters of Support. A UOM Authority to Submit form is not required at this stage.
- RIC will send an email receipt
Complete the application after feedback
Complete the application after taking feedback into account. Applicants should seek advice from colleagues, and Faculty Mentors before finalising the application.
Certify the application in RGMS
Use the ‘CI Certification’ function in RGMS. The application, once certified, will be locked and then submitted to RAO.
Submit the UOM Authority to Submit form
CIA to submit a fully completed UOM Authority to Submit form to RIC by email (*NEW PROCESS*) before 5pm on the final internal closing date. The form should be one PDF document and should include
- Completed compliance and eligibility section
- Signature of the CI and Head of Department/Institute Director.
- Written evidence (e.g. email) from all CIs and AIs. This evidence must clearly state the application ID number and include the relevant "I certify..." text provided on the Authority to Submit form. All written evidence must be attached to the finished Authority to Submit form in order of CI/AI listing with the other signatures.
A hardcopy of the RGMS application is not required.
Note that obtaining signatures/consents is an NHMRC requirement and the application cannot be submitted to NHMRC until RIC receives this form.
RIC will submit the application
Once the application has been submitted to NHMRC, the CIA will receive RGMS notification.
**To access documentation on NHMRC webpage use menu on left side webpage and scroll down to relevant item**
- NHMRC Funding Rules: All Schemes / Scheme Specific (applicants must refer to both)
- NHMRC Advice & Instructions: All Schemes / Scheme Specific (applicants must refer to both)
- Grant Proposal template (mandatory use)
- Guide to Partner Letter of Support (applicants should provide this to partners)
- Partner Contribution Guidelines (Funding Rules Attachment A)
- Partnership Project Category Descriptors (Funding Rules Attachment B)
- Peer Review Guidelines: All schemes and Scheme Specific (applicants must refer to both)
- Indigenous Research Excellence Criteria - see Section 6.3 of Funding Rules
- NHMRC Approved Admin Institutions Partner - Request for Waiver form
- Budget mechanism for funding commencing 2017
- Research Classification Guides
- RGMS Character Count online tool
- RGMS Offline Forms (RIC review will be via RGMS entry only)
- RGMS User Guides
- UOM Authority to Submit form
- Recommended wording for CI & AI written consent
- Copies of previous successful Partnership Project applications held in the RIC library (UOM login required) or accessible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty Grant Coordinators/Mentors
- Questions and primary email
|Sophie Cleaves (primary contact)||+61 3 9035 4878|