2018 1st Call (funding commencing 2018)
- Wednesday 14 March 2018
NHMRC Approved Administering Institution waiver requests to NHMRC
- Wednesday 21 March 2018
Draft applications due to RIC
- Wednesday 28 March 2018
Minimum Data due in RGMS
- Wednesday 4 April 2018
Final Certified Application due to RIC
NHMRC Partnerships Projects will help create partnerships among decision makers, policy makers, managers, clinicians, and researchers. This funding scheme provides funding and support to create new opportunities for researchers and policy makers to work together to define research questions and undertake research, and also to interpret and implement the findings. Partnership Projects will answer a specific research question to influence health and well-being through changes in the delivery, organisation, funding and access to health services.
The Partnership Projects scheme allows applicants to apply at any time during the year rather than through just one annual round. This is to allow researchers and Partner Organisations to develop timely collaborations. Peer review of applications received in 2018 will occur in 3 cycles.
Important information and changes to the Partnership Projects scheme can be found on the NHMRC website.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research Special Initiative
In 2018 a Special Initiative in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health is being offered through support from the Department of Health. The Special Initiative provides the opportunity for community organisations that are contributing to health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People to develop a relationship with a researcher, to strengthen the evidence in Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) and obesity research.
To apply for this Special Initiative, an additional set of questions (Supplementary Questions) are required. For more information please refer to section 9 of the Partnership Project Scheme-Specific Funding Rules.
2018 Application Calls
2018 2nd Call
- Thursday 12 April 2018 - Applications open in RGMS
- Friday 20 July 2018 - NHMRC Approved Administering Institution waiver requests to NHMRC
- Wednesday 25 July 2018 - Draft applications to RIC
- Wednesday 1 August 2018 5.00 pm - Minimum Data due in RGMS
- Wednesday 8 August 2018 - Final Certified applications to RIC
2018 3rd Call
- Thursday 16 August 2018 - Applications open in RGMS
- Wednesday 7 November 2018 - NHMRC Approved Administering Institution waiver requests to NHMRC
- Wednesday 14 November 2018 - Draft applications to RIC
- Wednesday 21 November 2018 5.00 pm - Minimum Data due in RGMS
- Wednesday 28 November 2018 - Final Certified applications to RIC
How to apply
Steps to be completed by Chief Investigator A (CIA):
Submit a Notice of Intent (NOI)
The NOI should be completed early to provide RIC with CIA contact details.
Complete/update RGMS Profile and CV
The CIA will need to obtain access to RGMS to complete this step.
Review the funding documents
The CI should read the NHMRC All Schemes and Scheme Specific: Funding Rules, Advice and Instructions to Applicants and Guide to Peer Review documents. These documents can be found in the Supporting documents below.
If applicable, submit a request for a NHMRC Administering Institutions Partner Waiver. Administering Institutions cannot be named as a partner on a Partnership Project application unless they are primarily an organisation which delivers health policy and/or health services, and obtain a waiver from NHMRC. A Request for Waiver form must be submitted to RIC by email by the internal waiver date.
Complete draft application in RGMS
Complete the draft application in RGMS. A mandatory pre-formatted Microsoft Word template for the Grant Proposal should be downloaded from the NHMRC website. We suggest the formatting in this template is not amended as this could render applicants ineligible
Email a draft application to RIC
Email a draft application to RIC for review. A hardcopy is not required.
- Use the ‘Request Latest Snapshot Report’ function in RGMS.
- Email two snapshot reports, the draft Grant Proposal and Partner Organisation Letters of Support. A UOM Authority to Submit form is not required at this stage.
- RIC will send an email receipt
Complete the application after feedback
Complete the application after taking feedback into account. Applicants should seek advice from colleagues, and Faculty Mentors before finalising the application.
Certify the application in RGMS
Use the ‘CI Certification’ function in RGMS. The application, once certified, will be locked and then submitted to RAO.
Submit the UOM Authority to Submit form
CIA to submit a fully completed UOM Authority to Submit form to RIC by email before 5pm on the final internal closing date. The form should be one PDF document and should include
- Completed compliance and eligibility section
- Signature of the CI and Head of Department/Institute Director.
- Written evidence (e.g. email) from all CIs and AIs. This evidence must clearly state the application ID number and include the relevant "I certify..." text provided on the Authority to Submit form. All written evidence must be attached to the finished Authority to Submit form in order of CI/AI listing with the other signatures.
A hardcopy of the RGMS application is not required.
Note that obtaining signatures/consents is an NHMRC requirement and the application cannot be submitted to NHMRC until RIC receives this form.
RIC will submit the application
Once the application has been submitted to NHMRC, the CIA will receive RGMS notification.
- NHMRC Partnership Projects webpage
- NHMRC Documentation: all documentation located on GrantConnect (GO945)
- Funding Rules: both All Schemes and Scheme Specific [applicants must refer to both]. Note: Scheme Specific Funding Rules include Partner Contribution Guidelines (Attachment A), Category Descriptors (Attachment B), and ATSI Special Initiative Requirements (Attachment C)
- Advice and Instructions to Applicants: both All Schemes and Scheme Specific [applicants must refer to both].
- Grant Proposal template
- Supplementary Initiative for Partnership Project Special Initiative
- Guide to Partner Letter of Support - not yet available
- Peer Review Guidelines: All schemes and Scheme Specific (applicants must refer to both)
- NHMRC Approved Administering Institutions Partner Waiver Request form
- Budget mechanism for funding commencing 2018
- Direct Research Costs Guidelines (DRCs)
- Research Classification Guides
- RGMS Character Count online tool
- Template for adding Publications to your RGMS CV
- RGMS User Guides
- UoM Authority to Submit Form - not yet available
- Recommended wording for CI & AI written consent - not yet available
- RIC Submissons Procedure (Project Grant specific) - not yet available
- Copies of previous successful Partnership Project applications held in the RIC library (UOM login required) or accessible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty Grant Coordinators/Mentors
- Questions and primary email
|Sophie Cleaves (primary contact)||+61 3 9035 4878|