- Thursday 15 September 2016
- 5.00pm (AEST)
- October 2016
The next call for applications will be late 2017.
The University of Melbourne has long standing links with the University of Birmingham. Both are founder members of the U21 network and the past few years have seen the strengthening of collaboration and engagement across a number of areas.
This Collaborative Fund will grant awards for short-term visits between the universities that seed and extend collaborative links in research as well as teaching and learning. Visits can be inbound, outbound or a combination of both. The standard award is $5,000, although in exceptional circumstances additional funding may be awarded.
Visits should enable collaborators to develop outputs and outcomes that leverage funding. For research, outputs include quality collaborative funding applications and joint publications. For teaching and learning, the focus is on student mobility opportunities, joint subjects and joint or dual degrees.
The University of Birmingham is running a corresponding scheme. Researchers are encouraged to discuss Birmingham's program with their collaborators.
- Applicants must hold a salaried appointment at the University of Melbourne in any discipline at Academic Level A (6) or higher with a minimum of 0.5 FTE for the duration of the award.
- Honorary and adjunct academic staff members are not eligible to apply. This includes honorary researchers from the Sir Peter MacCallum Department of Oncology, the Florey Department of Neuroscience and Mental Health, and the Medical Bionics Department.
- Previous recipients of a grant from this initiative will not be able to reapply to the scheme for a period of two years after the round in which the initial fellowship was granted.
How to apply
Review the funding guidelines
Save the completed application
Save your completed application as a single PDF document using the format SURNAME_FACULTY_BIRMINGHAM, where NAME is the family name of the applicant (eg Prof John Smith from the Faculty of Arts would name the file SMITHJ_ARTS_BIRMINGHAM).
Submit the application in Themis
Submit the application to RIC
Submit the approved application to RIC via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emily Kersing, Grants Officer
- E: email@example.com
- Ph: + 61 8344 8418