- Friday October 27th
Applications due to RIC Major Initiatives
- Friday November 17th
About the Program
As the central facility for the Australian National Fabrication Facility-Victorian Node (ANFF-VIC), the mission of the Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication (MCN) – Australia’s largest open-access nanofabrication cleanroom – is to facilitate the integration and translation of nanotechnology into the R&D activities that drive Australia’s innovation and manufacturing economies.
ANFF-VIC is offering the opportunity to apply for a Technology Fellowship through their Ambassador Program. The main aims of the Program are as follows:
- Facilitation of high-impact research through direct utilisation of ANFF-VIC infrastructure;
- Creation of a community framework that works to foster new and fruitful research collaborations in the area of micro- and nano-technology and medical biotechnology;
- Leveraging program resources to help proactively strengthen user communities around tool sets both with high user-traffic and under utilised tools with capacity for growth;
- Fellow-driven development of new recipes, processes and standard operating procedures that confer value to the user community and help deepen the knowledge base within the user community; and
- Actively promoting and advocating for the ANFF-VIC/MCN to the scientific and industrial research community.
Successful applicants will be provided with the following resources over a 12-month period:
- Unlimited access to MCN laboratories and cleanroom facilities;
- Up to $60,000 in paid access to MCN equipment;
- Fully paid access to all minor (non-booked) MCN equipment;
- Dedicated hot-desk space at MCN for up to four team members/collaborators and limited access to laboratory bench space;
- Use of all on-site meeting and support facilities;
- Recognition as an ANFF-VIC Technology Fellow on relevant websites and marketing collateral.
Appointees must be full time academic staff at level B (or equivalent) or above. Please note that post doctoral fellows (who are part of a research group as opposed to an independent research fellow leading a research group or team) are not eligible for this scheme.
For enquiries regarding this scheme, please contact Prof. Ray Dagastine.
How to apply
Complete the application form
Save the completed application form
All applications should be saved as a single pdf file and named in the following format:
Submit the application form to RIC
All final applications must be submitted to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 27 October 2017.