Research Ethics and Integrity is responsible for all activities relating to the responsible conduct of research and research ethics.
Specifically, Research Ethics and Integrity looks after
- Responsible research conduct and research integrity
- Research misconduct
- Human research ethics
- Animal ethics
- Gene technology
- Biosafety (including quarantine) and biosecurity.
Research Ethics and Integrity helps academics navigate policies and procedures in regard to governance and compliance, uphold the Codes of Conduct and manage the ethics application process. We can advise about approaches to ethical, responsible research and supporting the University’s numerous ethics committees.
Research Ethics and Integrity also provides advice and information about requirements in defence trade controls and autonomous sanctions.
We assist by
- managing the ethics application process for central committees;
- providing information and advice concerning research ethics and integrity to committee members, staff and students;
- managing allegations of research misconduct and breaches of the Codes of Conduct for Research; and
- monitoring compliance with regulations relating to containment facilities and provide advice on refurbishments.
Lisa van DuinEmail