Using the intellectual property of others

The University of Melbourne maintains its commitment to responsible research with honesty, responsibility and accountability, which demonstrates respect for animals used in research, research participants and the environment.

If the you use IP owned by an external party in a research project, or in the development of a software or multimedia product, you need to first get that party's permission. You also require permission to use and re-apply that IP for purposes other than the narrow teaching uses permitted by specific licences. The University libraries will assist you to negotiate the use of another person's copyrighted material.

Contact us

For advice and assistance contact:

Quick links