Talking Spaces 8: Geographies, Societies, Practices
This event has now sold out. You can sign up to our waiting list below. If any tickets become available those on the waiting list be contacted in order.
Talking Spaces 8 will explore Innovative Learning Environments (ILE’s) through multiple perspectives: Geographies, Societies and Practices. Across two days, participants will engage in talks, panels, and workshops, as-well-as an immersive ‘day in the life of an ILE’ experience. Collectively this will provide insight into ‘global perspectives on learning environments’.
The event will be held over two days in different venues:
- Thursday February 22nd at Woodward Conference Centre, Level 10, Melbourne Law School, 185 Pelham Street, Carlton. Registration will open at 8:15am for a 9:00am start. The formal proceedings of the day conclude at 5:40pm with networking and an optional site tour following.
- Friday February 23rd at Albert Park College Environmental Arts Hub, 40 Bay Street, Port Melbourne. Arrive at 8:15am for an 8:30am start. The day will conclude at 4:40pm.
Guest Panelists & Facilitators:
- John Augeri, Co-founder & Deputy Director, Paris Île-de-France Digital University
- Sarah Ball, Principal, Global Education Sector, Woods Bagot
- Steve Cook, Principal, Albert Park College
- John Dainutis, Area Executive Director, Department of Education and Training (Victoria)
- Jayne Harrison, Managing Director, JDH Architects
- Jayne Heath, Principal, Australian School of Science and Mathematics (ASMS)
- Christopher Keating, CEO, Victorian School Building Authority
- Christopher Kommatas, Accelerator Program Director, Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Peter Malatt, Director, Six Degrees Architects
- Megan O'Connell, Director, Mitchell Institute
Talking Spaces 8 is brought to you by the Learning Environments Applied Research Network (LEaRN) and the Innovative Learning Environments & Teacher Change ARC Linkage Project (ILETC) at the University of Melbourne.
We are now calling for expressions of interest in sponsoring our 2018 event. We’re interested in sponsors who can help us deliver our unique conference devoted to deep conversations about learning and space. If you’re interested in being involved, please get in touch.
Talking Spaces 8 is proudly sponsored by:
A special thank you to Albert Park College for helping facilitate this event.
Image: Albert Park College Environmental Arts Hub, Six Degrees Architects. Photo by Simon James.