The Materials Research Initiative invites you to engage with the Materials Research community here at the University of Melbourne as an Affiliated Researcher.
Why become an Affiliated Researcher?
- You and your research will be showcased on our website, increasing your exposure to other materials researchers at the University of Melbourne and external partner organisations.
- Access the most up-to-date information about the Initiative firsthand and join an exclusive Yammer forum to discuss possible grant applications and opportunities with other Affiliated Researchers.
- Participate in specific Steering Committee meetings to discuss topics relevant to your area of interest.
- Participate in “Challenge Workshops” with external partner organisations on topics relevant to your area of interest.
- Become actively involved in our series of Themed Seminars (to commence shortly).
- Be eligible to supervise the newly-created Materials-PhD student cohort (to commence shortly) and involve your PhD students in the cohort.
To be eligible you must:
- Hold at least a 0.5 FTE appointment with the University of Melbourne at Level B or above.
- Be active in materials research in one of the three research themes of the Materials Research Initiative.
- Be willing to contribute to Materials Research Initiative activities (see Further Information link below).