Journal Articles and Books
Social Aspects of Ageing Across the Life Course
Dow, B., Joosten, M., Biggs, S. & Kimberley, H. (2016) Age Encounters: Exploring Age and Intergenerational Perceptions, Journal of Intergenerational Relationships, 14(2): 104-118, DOI: 10.1080/15350770.2016.1160731
Leadership for Ageing
Gahan P, Harbridge R, Healy J, and Williams R. Forthcoming. ‘The Ageing Workforce: Policy Dilemmas and Choices.’ Australian Journal of Public Administration.
Dow, B., Cyarto, E., & Batchelor, F. (2016) Healthy ageing. In P. Liamputtong (Ed.), Public health: Local and global perspectives (pp. 281-299). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Cyarto, E.V., Dow, B., Vrantsidis, F., & Meyer, C. (2012) Promoting healthy ageing: Development of the Healthy Ageing Quiz. Australasian Journal on Ageing, 30(4): 200-225.
Technology and Ageing
Waycott, J., Davis, H., Vetere, F., Morgans, A., Ozanne, E., Pedell, S. and Kulik, L (2015) Ethics in Evaluating a Sociotechnical Intervention With Socially Isolated Older Adults. Qualitative Health Research, 25(11): 1518-1528. doi:10.1177/1049732315570136
Waycott, J., Vetere, F., Pedell, S., Morgans, A., Ozanne, E. and Kulik, L. (2016) Not For Me: Older Adults Choosing Not to Participate in a Social Isolation Intervention. In Proc. of CHI 2016: ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. doi:10.1145/2858036.2858458
- Seniorpreneur: we need you - by Dr Ruth Williams
- Tackling elder abuse in residential care requires systemic culture change - by Sue Malta and A/Prof Briony Dow
- Ageing activism: Why we need to give voice to the new third age - by Dr Ralph Hampson
- Shifting views on the over-50 crowd - by Dr Ralph Hampson
- Connecting online can help prevent social isolation in older people - by Dr Jenny Waycott
- Tackling hidden issues for older workers delivers wide-ranging returns - by Dr Ruth Williams
- Why are we abusing our parents: The ugly facts of family violence and ageism - by A/Prof Briony Dow
- How can we best design housing for Australia’s ageing population? - by A/Prof Clare Newton
- Graying Japan Tries to Embrace the Golden Years - by Jacob Schlesinger and Alexander Martin
- An Emotional Vignette of Growing Old - Voyager
- Female doctors in Australia are hitting glass ceilings – why? - by A/Prof Helen Dickinson and A/Prof Marie Bismark
- A wealth of knowledge walking out the door - by Dr Ruth Williams
- Older Workers Need New Workplace Solutions - by Dr Ruth Williams